DataRay Inc., the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Assembly Technician. The Assembly Technician is responsible for assisting the Sales, Operations, and Support teams with various production and assembly processes. As a member of the DataRay team, the Assembly Technician ’s essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with final assembly of scientific-grade photonics and electro-optical equipment
- Coordinate between Operations and Support teams for warranty and other RMA activities
- Assist in evaluation/diagnosis of returned products
- Help support repair processes for damaged or defective products
- Coordinate with the Operations team to ensure the sales and fulfillment processes are executed in line with established timelines
- Assist in procurement of various components required for product assembly
- Other projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College coursework in industrial technology, machining, or other related fields
- 1+ year(s) professional work experience in a manufacturing or other relevant environment
- Experience soldering electronic components and printed circuit boards
- Experience using and working under a microscope
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to write and speak effectively to customers and team members
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents such as procedure manuals, routine reports
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Practical experience with MS Office apps, CRM, and ERP systems
- Familiarity with schematics and industrial drawings (SolidWorks experience a plus)
Founded in 1988, DataRay Inc. is the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, delivering high-quality, affordable, and reliable instrumentation to the photonics industry. Product lines include beam profiling cameras (covering 190 nm to 16 μm, model-dependent), and scanning slit beam profilers (covering 190 nm to 4 μm, model-dependent). For more information, visit www.dataray.com or email email@example.com.
DataRay Inc. is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DataRay Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Click here to download this job listing as a PDF
Don’t see a position you’re looking for?
We are always looking to expand our team of photonics professionals. Please feel free to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.