DataRay Inc., the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, is seeking a technically adept and motivated Applications Engineer. The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for DataRay products by solving problems, trouble shooting and working with customers to guide them to the best possible product solutions for their applications and experiments. The Applications Engineer will help DataRay develop new products and novel solutions to pre-existing and new problems. They will work closely with engineering to generate support documentation and content as well as aid in the testing of new products. Applications Engineering is a great training ground for putting your optics or physics knowledge to work. The position is primarily at our headquarters in Redding, CA, but there may also be opportunities to travel to tradeshows, customer sites, and training events on- and off-site. As an integral member of the DataRay team, the Applications Engineer’s essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support via phone, web chat, and e-mail to customers worldwide
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and problem-solving abilities in providing support to end-users of our products
- Reproduce customer set-ups and create technical solutions in the lab
- Develop and provide customized solutions; assist in the design of custom products
- Provide critical user feedback to product development teams
- Support Marketing and Sales activities by attending tradeshows and customer visits
- Develop Marketing materials like test data, white papers, or video for use on our website or through another distribution channel
- Develop support documentation such as manuals and example code
- Assist software engineering with finding and troubleshooting bugs
- Design and model simple optical systems consisting of multiple lenses and attenuators
- Build and calibrate custom beam profiling systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or a related engineering field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional work experience in a technical environment
- Technical sales experience
- Experience with Zemax or other optical design software
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Working knowledge of general photonics and beam profiling
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, routine reports, and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and at team meetings
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask effectively
Founded in 1988, DataRay Inc. is the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, delivering high-quality, affordable, and reliable instrumentation to the photonics industry. Product lines include beam profiling cameras (covering 190 nm to 16 μm, model-dependent), and scanning slit beam profilers (covering 190 nm to 2.5 μm, model-dependent). For more information, visit www.dataray.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DataRay Inc. is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DataRay Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Click here to download this job listing as a PDF
Don’t see a position you’re looking for?
We are always looking to expand our team of photonics professionals. Please feel free to submit your resume to email@example.com.