Return Merchandise Authorization Process
Our Promise of Satisfaction
We wish you to be satisfied with your purchase. If the product does not perform to your reasonable expectations based on current specifications, please contact us either directly or through your local distributor.
If you are having issues with your equipment, please first refer to the Technical Support section.
- You MUST have an RMA number – ALL returns, for whatever reason, must be accompanied by a valid RMA number issued prior to the return of the product.
- Evaluation PO – If you purchased under an agreed Evaluation PO, then during the first 30 calendar days, you may return the product without a restocking fee if we are contacted in advance concerning the reasons for the return and we issue you an RMA number. The Evaluation PO will be canceled following our receipt and satisfactory inspection of the item.
Obtaining an RMA Number
To obtain an RMA number and a PDF copy of the RMA form, email email@example.com. Once you receive the PDF form:
- Complete the form and print two copies. Keep one copy for your records and include one with the shipment. Not providing this form may result in delays in processing your RMA.
- If your item includes multiple parts, please include all of them so that we can evaluate them as a system. Please ensure you pack your items properly. Mark your RMA number on the outside of the shipping box as well as the packing list.
Returning Your Items for Evaluation
Ship your item(s) to:
ATTN: Service Department
1675 Market Street
Redding, CA 96001 USA
+1-530-395-2500, Option 2
- Warranty – There is a 3-year warranty on all products manufactured by DataRay. Third-party products purchased via DataRay carry a 1-year warranty. Warranties do not cover damage by customer.
- Evaluation Fee – On post-warranty or customer-damaged items, a non-refundable $150 evaluation fee applies. If, after evaluation, you choose to proceed with a repair, we will issue a $100 credit toward the total cost (effectively reducing the evaluation fee to $50).
- Estimated Turnaround Time – Our standard target is 4 to 10 business days. Please note that a PO or credit card is required for any repairs; after evaluation, your repair will not proceed until we receive this information.
- Return Direct or via Distributor? – If you purchased your products through one of our distributors, and if you obtain and we receive the prior written consent of your distributor, you may be able to save time and shipping charges by returning the unit directly to DataRay.